At Flood Communications, we strive to be the best workplace for the media industry’s top talent where we have created an inspiring, collaborative, inclusive, and diverse workforce that celebrates innovation and change. Our team is made up of loyal, talented and hard-working employees. Our goal is to deliver broadcast and marketing excellence by building trust through our credibility and hard work. Our team engages daily with a large network of the region’s leading radio, television, digital and Hispanic products.
Our employees enjoy a culture that balances work and play. Everyone works hard, while recognizing the importance of family and community. We hire the most dedicated people who have a passion for marketing and communications. Our employees challenge themselves to stay ahead of an ever-changing progressive industry.
Be a part of the largest and ever-growing communications company in Nebraska. We are looking for people who can grow, think, dream, and achieve. Every employee brings inspiration and imagination to our constantly evolving and expanding business. We encourage you to view our current openings and learn more about the opportunities here at Flood Communications.
Here, opportunity and talent collide. Join us.
An Executive Producer is responsible for the overall editorial content on all platforms produced by Telemundo Nebraska Job Duties
· Conceive, proofread, and execute daily newscasts scripts; incorporating top news stories responsible for on-air look and program format
· Develop future segments, special event coverage, sweeps planning, incorporating evening anchor talent
· Collaborate with promotions and sales
· Oversee the reporters and content producers
· Collaborate with other newsroom colleagues for special events planning as well as day-to-day coverage
· Work with all facets of the organization, including production, IT and engineering to ensure the most accurate and compelling local coverage
· Responsible for managing the production of news, any specials, and other productions outside of the regularly scheduled newscasts.
· Performs any other related duties as assigned by News Director.
· Contribute and develop content for digital platforms.
· Collaborate with Digital Lead to develop content and promotion strategies on all platforms
· Manage playlist like a newscast rundown to maximize opportunity for engagement.
Basic Qualifications • Bachelor’s Degree in journalism or equivalent work experience • Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in newsroom management • Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in newsgathering and/or production • Minimum 1-2 years’ experience writing, producing and desktop editing Requirements • Must be willing to work in Omaha NE. • Must be 18 years or greater • Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States • Must be available to work evenings, weekends and holidays as required • Proven ability to speak, read and write fluently in Spanish. • Proven ability to understand and communicate well in a duo Spanish/English-speaking environment. • Strong editorial judgment as well as the ability to respond and make decisions in a breaking news situation for coverage across multiple platforms • Ability to lead the newsroom • Experienced at providing ongoing feedback to develop individuals • Innovative and creative thinker who will push to make Telemundo Nebraska local content the best in the market
Qualified Candidates please email resume and demos to firstname.lastname@example.org Additional Information: Flood Digital Networks (Flood Communications LLC) along with all its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities and women encouraged to apply.