News Channel Nebraska in Norfolk, NE is seeking an innovative, passionate Executive Director of News and Content, with experience leading teams and growing talent. If you are a leader dedicated to making a positive difference in your community, this may be the place for you!
The Executive Director will oversee all content operations and is a leader in the strategic vision for station growth. The ideal candidate has excellent news judgment and strong management skills to own the big story each day.
Most importantly, this news director should be a motivator who fosters an inspiring and inclusive culture, with a desire to make a positive and meaningful difference to the communities we serve.
Responsibilities: In this role, you will:
• Strategically lead, inspire, and operate the News Channel Nebraska Network.
• Oversee on-air, production, and digital news content.
• Work closely with the news reporter and production team to produce high-quality local content that sets the station apart from competitors.
• Foster, encourage and reward out-of-the-box thinking that leads to differentiation and success.
• Heighten the importance of solid research to build credibility.
• Proficiently use social media and digital tools to research, discover and distribute content.
• Will lead to a culture that owns company reporting and breaking news across all content platforms.
• Coach attractive storytelling.
• Interact daily with all department heads in a mutual effort to achieve station goals and extend our brand.
• Anchor evening Newscasts as needed and Proficient with non-linear editing
Requirements: Here’s what you need:
• Bachelor’s degree or news content leadership experience.
• 3-5 years of content experience, including generation of original content, and 1-2 years managing other journalists.
• Successful innovative leadership, along with staff and product development skills.
• Precise communication skills
• Solid journalistic judgement and a news viewpoint that emphasizes accurate, fair, and local content
• Understanding of professional journalism.
• Skills in producing engaging, content-driven newscasts and digital.
• Strong social media skills, including an active news presence on Twitter and Facebook.
• Organizational skills and the ability to work under time pressure deadlines.
• Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events.
At Flood Communications, we embrace an inclusive culture defined by responsibility. With our fun, but professional atmosphere, our goal is to be the destination workplace in each of our communities. At Flood Communications, our employees enjoy a culture that feels more like a family than a workplace.
To apply send a resume to Kelsey Wilson email@example.com. Flood Communications is an equal-opportunity employer. Military, women, and minorities are encouraged to apply.